By Muriel Bristol (Transcriber) | September 21, 2018
Strafford co. The Salmon Fall river washes its whole E. boundary, a distance of 13 miles; and a branch of the same river crosses, from the S. part of Wakefield, and unites near the centre of the E. Boundary. Teneriffe, a bold and rocky mountain, extends along the E. part of Milton, near which lies Milton pond, of considerable size, connecting with the Salmon Fall river. This town was formerly a part of Rochester, from which it was detached in 1802. It lies 40 miles N.E. from Concord, and 20 N.W. by N. from Dover. Population, 1830, 1,273.
Previous in sequence: Milton in 1823; next in sequence: Milton in 1849
Hayward, John. (1839). The New England Gazetteer. Retrieved from books.google.com/books?id=O8wTAAAAYAAJ