By Muriel Bristol | June 15, 2019
The Milton Board of Selectmen (BOS) have posted their agenda for a Public BOS meeting to be held Monday, June 17, beginning at 6:00 PM.
The Public portion of the agenda has New Business, Old Business, Other Business, and some housekeeping items.
Under New Business are scheduled two agenda items or, rather, two Town officials, each of them with two or more sub-items: 1) Library Director Betsy Baker, a) Library Update, and b) July 4th, Parade Information; 2) Police Chief R. Krauss, a) Axon Evidence Camera Storage Contract, b) Town Dock Concern, and c) Vehicle Purchase.
1) Library Director Betsy Baker is on the agenda to provide a MFPL update and some parade information.
- Library Update. There were to be repairs, funded by a grant. How is that going?
- July 4th, Parade Information. Presumably dates, times, and route of the Fourth of July parade.
2) Police Chief R. Krauss is on the agenda because he would like to spend more money.
- Axon Evidence Camera Storage Contract. Axon is a body camera company. In April 2017, it offered body cameras “free” for a year, with payments to follow at the end of the year. Those payments were then said to be $400 per camera and $200 per docking. There would be a perpetual ongoing charge of $80 per camera per year for data storage (CNN, 2017). One supposes those quoted costs may have risen since 2017.
- Town Dock Concern. The Chief has a Concern about the Town Dock. How many knew we even had one? Many taxpayers have a concern about increased Town spending. Does the Town government and the Chief share their concern?
- Vehicle Purchase. This item might be a return of the multi-purpose pursuit vehicle/boat trailer hauler mentioned at previous meetings. This would be necessary because we do not need another pursuit vehicle and because the DPW has already vehicles capable of pulling a boat trailer.
Under Old Business are scheduled two items: 3) Budget Follow Up; and 4) Status of 565 White Mountain Highway.
3) Budget Follow Up. A Default budget, the BOS is on a default budget, although one might wonder if they know this.
4) Status of 565 White Mountain Highway. Obviously, this building remains a problem. A recent visit did not find the previously discussed fencing in place. One supposes this will be about a tear-down.
Other Business That May Come Before the Board has no scheduled items.
Next, there will be the approval of prior minutes (from the BOS meeting of June 3, 2019), the expenditure report, Public Comments “Pertaining to Topics Discussed,” Town Administrator comments, and BOS comments.
Mr. S.D. Plissken contributed to this article.
CNN. (2017, April 5). This company is offering body cameras to every cop in the U.S. Retrieved from money.cnn.com/2017/04/05/technology/police-body-camera-taser-international-axon/index.html
Town of Milton. (2019, June 14). BOS Meeting Agenda, June 17, 2019. Retrieved from www.miltonnh-us.com/sites/miltonnh/files/agendas/6.17.19_bos_agenda.pdf
Town of Milton. (2019). Press Release: Milton Names New Town Administrator. Retrieved from www.miltonnh-us.com/sites/miltonnh/files/news/press_release-milton_names_new_town_administrator.pdf